The Business and Beauty of Style
Edited by Debutante Clothing
This week, the links were especially thoughtful. With all of the buzz about fashion bloggers and how (or if) we make money, it was great to see some insightful posts about fashion and the almighty dollar. Grechen of Grechen Blogs discusses blogging for money, while Style On a String takes an in depth look at the dark side of logo chasing. But let’s not get too bogged down with the seriousness of fashion. Perhaps Simply Luxurious can convince you to indulge in the beauty of fashion with her collage of gorgeous, backless gowns. Or maybe you’re more interested in a catwalk down memory lane, via celluloid, with Old Fashion Love Story’s stills of unforgettable 70s costumes from the film Mahogany (costume designed by Miss Diana Ross!). After all, in the sarcastic words of Stanley Tucci in The Devil Wears Prada, “Yes, that is what this billion dollar business is all about. Inner beauty”. Enjoy!
Links à la Mode : May 6
- Blog To Be Alive – Plus Size London Shopping Guide
- CakeNotCoke.com – Greg Lauren Alteration
- Debutante Clothing – Vintage Inspired Finds From Marshalls
- Dedicated Follower of Fashion – DFOF TV: Nosey Parker – Chelsea Rebelle
- Denim Debutante – How to Stretch Jeans
- grechen blogs – why shouldn’t fashion bloggers make money blogging?
- Idiosyncratic Style – Fashion that goes Splat!
- In Her Stilettos – UT Fashion Show
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Read the Fine Print: Chictopia and Payless Don’t Need to Ask to Profit from Blogger Images
- old fashion love story – old fashion on film: mahogany
- Pink Dossier – What They Wore: Coachella
- Retro Chick – Review – Soap & Glory Sit Tight
- Searching for Style – Fashion 101: Where do Fashion Trends Come From?
- Simply Luxurious – Unforgettable Exit
- Snapshot Fashion – Prom 2010
- Style on a String – Luxury: Counterfeiting – The dirty secret of logo chasing
- style, substance & sutton – A TIE DYE DIY
- The Coveted – Behind the Scenes at Nasty Gal
- The Pink Peplum – The Green Movement
- Tog & Trappings – A hat, a hat, my kingdom for a hat
- What to Wear Where – The World of Yves Saint Laurent