I had a lot of fun with this look today, when I see thigh high tights I think of two things, 1. Seductive-ness... and 2. Delicacy.
and honestly I'm not going to lie.. I'm neither of the two. This look is inspired from history of fashion, and other bloggers like Meg from Another Day to Dress Up. And here is actually a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker sporting some argyle stockings : )
The tights are from Urban Outfitters and everything else was just one of those thrifty good finds.
Here is also just a little video for people who " have a run in their panty hose, even your daddy knows" - Ludacris
Source: Sarah Jessica Parker Picture: http://asos.awarenessnetworks.com/post-details-forum/?contentid=7698152954350575977
Oh florals in spring... I think what I enjoy the most about this outfit, is it's still pretty but also says "Hey, i'm a little rough around my edges." That analogy definitely fits who I am. I love beautful things, but I also want a little bit of a spice, something unexpected. Comment me on what you think :)
Question of the Day: Sick of florals in spring, what other trend do you think fits Springtime?
Brooklyn Duo Sleigh Bells, two words Download Them! They are signed with N.E.E.T. and affliated with M.I.A. and By the way, there is supposed to be that harsh sound to the songs, it's not just the track haha. They played also at SXSW, new album is called "Treats", favorite track to look for is Tell Em'.
The Business and Beauty of Style
Edited by Debutante Clothing
This week, the links were especially thoughtful. With all of the buzz about fashion bloggers and how (or if) we make money, it was great to see some insightful posts about fashion and the almighty dollar. Grechen of Grechen Blogs discusses blogging for money, while Style On a String takes an in depth look at the dark side of logo chasing. But let’s not get too bogged down with the seriousness of fashion. Perhaps Simply Luxurious can convince you to indulge in the beauty of fashion with her collage of gorgeous, backless gowns. Or maybe you’re more interested in a catwalk down memory lane, via celluloid, with Old Fashion Love Story’s stills of unforgettable 70s costumes from the film Mahogany (costume designed by Miss Diana Ross!). After all, in the sarcastic words of Stanley Tucci in The Devil Wears Prada, “Yes, that is what this billion dollar business is all about. Inner beauty”. Enjoy!
Links à la Mode : May 6
- Blog To Be Alive – Plus Size London Shopping Guide
- CakeNotCoke.com – Greg Lauren Alteration
- Debutante Clothing – Vintage Inspired Finds From Marshalls
- Dedicated Follower of Fashion – DFOF TV: Nosey Parker – Chelsea Rebelle
- Denim Debutante – How to Stretch Jeans
- grechen blogs – why shouldn’t fashion bloggers make money blogging?
- Idiosyncratic Style – Fashion that goes Splat!
- In Her Stilettos – UT Fashion Show
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Read the Fine Print: Chictopia and Payless Don’t Need to Ask to Profit from Blogger Images
- old fashion love story – old fashion on film: mahogany
- Pink Dossier – What They Wore: Coachella
- Retro Chick – Review – Soap & Glory Sit Tight
- Searching for Style – Fashion 101: Where do Fashion Trends Come From?
- Simply Luxurious – Unforgettable Exit
- Snapshot Fashion – Prom 2010
- Style on a String – Luxury: Counterfeiting – The dirty secret of logo chasing
- style, substance & sutton – A TIE DYE DIY
- The Coveted – Behind the Scenes at Nasty Gal
- The Pink Peplum – The Green Movement
- Tog & Trappings – A hat, a hat, my kingdom for a hat
- What to Wear Where – The World of Yves Saint Laurent
The skirt is definitely the highlighted item of this look, and is so comfy to wear! Printed with geometic shapes really makes it pop, while still not over doing it with a soft color palette of colors like tan, navy, and peach. I found the skirt at the Goodwill, whoop recycle and re-use! :) And for accessories there is a braided brown leather belt and braclet to match the sandels. I actually wore this outfit because just like every other holiday or even person in my family, we do everything late, I mean Mother's Day is May 11th right? ha. So in honor of our celebration, I thought the colors in the look screamed this time of year! Comment me on anything. :)
Question of the Day: How do you decide what to wear on certain days? The weather, emotion, or just on a whim?
Ponchos have always been one of those items that you either like them or just think they look ridiculous. I will admit, there are some pretty silly ones out there that Iwouldn't be caught dead in, but when i found this one I was really drawn to it. That's one aspect that is really important while I'm shopping, I can shop and shop but when it comes to the purchase, I look for an emotional factor, the need to think I have to have it. Call me frugal, but in my opinion, it just give appreciation to the things that are in your closet. I also liked the length and how it draped, I even sew'd the two piece together to create armholes so i could just wear it as a shirt. This garment imparticular is from the sixties, probably inspired by the Clint Eastwood swag.. and was made by some women named Anne. She was clearly legit enough though to create her own label so GO ANNE! haha. But since it didn't have all of the specs I assume this was an original only. Rarity and Quality.